Tuesday, December 15, 2009

47 Days Later

...and my Ethiopia-battle-hardened tummy has finally faltered in the face of overwhelming Indian bacteria. Finally, I am sick. Although I am proud to say that I think I lasted the longest out of the 10 fellows. Swollen tonsils progressed to sore throat to a 2-day fever, to a growling stomach and abdominal pains all throughout yesterday and today. Diarrhea has also arrived as well as a few urges to throw up (haven't actually done it yet). And so my healthy tenure in India ends. The other two fellows are sick as well. Coincidence?

I decided not to upload pictures for this post...

5 comments:

  1. With the exception of a headache during orientation, I am still going healthy and strong. Must be all the oranges I am eating.
    -Hannan

    ReplyDelete
  2. alright, I stand corrected. Hannan you are indestructible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. blah! no good, but glad to hear you lasted so long. feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be dead by now. Not from sickness, but from spice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. actually, spice killed my taste buds. It was a prolonged, slow death over the course of weeks.

    ReplyDelete