Coming to you from London Heathrow airport, where I just stumbled off the 747 after 11 hours direct from LA. After passing by two checkpoints expressly stating to get rid of all liquids (of course I was sure I didn't have any) I proceeded to put my backpack through security with my Nalgene inside still half full of water. Personal security pat-down and chemical swab of my backpack followed. Yea, I'm definitely tired.
I am sitting at Bagel Town or whatever it's called paying 3£ for 30 minutes of internet, and I've got 6:47 left. This is my adios to America post. For some reason nothing has kicked in yet, not excitement nor nervousness. All I'm thinking about is that nasty pasta meal on the last plane ride, and wondering if the next 10 hour flight will have better meals. Actually, I'm dreading the Indian meals to come (aka, I will be crying from the spicyness). Good thing I have tissues on hand.
I just wanted to say to everyone reading this that it has been great knowing and hanging out with you all in the last few years. For those in DC, the last 2 years and 3 months have been the best of my life. For those in LA, SF, and SD, I am happy to be able to visit every so often and keep in touch with you, and catch up on life when I go back to CA. I will try my best to Skype and email you personally, but if it's not feasible, I will be updating this blog as best I can.
So, as I sign off, I would just like to thank everyone for supporting me on this adventure, both monetarily and through encouraging words. I am about to go public with this blog address and hope to receive lots of great comments and feedback from everyone! Please send me personal emails whenever you can to andrewcarmona@gmail.com.
I should be back in August 2010, but until then, keep on living life and searching for the winner circle. Peace.
Andrew
Missing you already Andrew!
ReplyDeleteTake lots of pictures and have a GREAT time!
Haha... and as far as Heathrow goes... I think I one-up you... they thought my NEW passport was fake and almost took me into custody for entering the country illegally... yeah... needless to say it was quite an experience... lol
Much love and travel safe!
-V
It important for me to know the dishes served on each flight. Please provide, in as much detail as possible, the flight number, dish served, and local time. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteHave a great time in India. Maybe I'll visit. YRB. I like my hand the way it is.
Aaaaah! I'm so excited for you, and I'm VERY proud of you!
ReplyDelete